India Passport Tatkaal renewal in Bangalore

Tatkaal Passport Reissue Experience
Astonishingly simple passport reissue process in Bangalore. My passport was due for renewal mid-2012. But wanted to get it renewed by the Tatkaal mode early. Multiple changes in my passport details - Chennai->Bangalore, Single->Married, ECR->ECNR. 
Phase 1: Online
1. Register at www.passportindia.gov.in
2. Fill the online form & Submit it. 
3. Upload 4 relevant support documents (pdfs). 
4. Apply for an appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) through the same website. Appointments can be booked only 1.5 days in advance. For eg., appointments for a Thursday open up only on Tuesday evening at 6PM. 
5. Print the Passport Application Receipt.
6. Carry the original and one photocopy of all support documents. 
In my case, the support documents were:
a. Address Proof: 
SBI Bank Passbook (with more than 1 year of entries). 
HR Letter mentioning that I am an employee and have been staying at the given address.
b. ID Proof:
IBM ID card
c. Marriage Certificate
d. ECNR Proof: B. Tech Degree certificate

There were a lot of blogs/discussions on the web that some affidavits are required for Tatkaal passports, but I didn't have them, and was not asked to present them. I understand that these affidavits are required only for fresh Tatkaal applications and not for reissue. 

Phase 2: In-Line - At the Passport Seva Kendra (Devarabeesanahalli, Bangalore), the experience was great! 
1. I reached the PSK 30 minutes before my allotted time
2. 3 queues for normal applicants, 1 queue for minors, and 1 queue for Tatkaal. Was 4th at the Tatkaal queue. Very short wait.
3. Very efficient people at the counters. Asked me for following in order
- Application Receipt (i)
- Passport Original (ii) and photocopy (ii.a.)
- Company ID Original (iii) and photocopy (iii.a.)
- Company HR Letter stating address original (iv)
- Other address proof - SBI Bank Passbook with more than 1 year of entries original (v) and photocopy (v.a.)
4. He put all photocopies (ii.a., iii.a., v.a.), application receipt (i) and HR letter (iv) in a file and returned all other originals (ii, iii, v). Process initiated. 
5. Waited at an airconditioned waiting lounge (clean toilets, coffee/tea, water) for around 30 minutes. This was when some pre-validation of my details was performed. 
6. After pre-validation, went back to the tatkaal counter to get a Token. I was T-2 now! The actual verification & process starts. 
7. Was called at counter A-21 (there are around 25 A counters). They verify the originals, scan the photocopies, scan my signature, take my photograph, take my finger prints. Paid Rs. 2500, received receipt.
8. Now onto counter B-5. (There were 10 B counters). An officer verifies my orinals, looks at my passport, says everything is fine, signs somewhere, puts some red marks everywhere on my photocopies. 
9. Now onto counter C-3 (There were 5 C counters). Another officer verifies everything, asks me to sign somewhere else. Stamps "Cancelled" on my passport, says everything is done and I can go! 
10. Finally, "Exit" counter. Showed my token, showed my fee receipt. They give me a printed letter saying application has been approved, with file number and all. All done! Received my new passport in 3 working days!! The only negative point at the end of all this, the post man (who delivered my passport) gave me a nice smile and waited for the usual... 


Update: 
Police verification: This was not as simple as everything else.
1. My residence was supposedly in the "Hennur" police station, even though my post office is "Banaswadi". So, ensure to mention the right police station in the application form.
2. Since I had mentioned the wrong police station, it took some extra time for the police verification form to arrive at the right police station - in my case - Hennur
3. I received a call one day and was asked to come to the police station (nobody visited home to verify my address). 
4. When I went there, I was asked to write a letter requesting speedy approval of my verification. 
5. I was also asked some questions by the constable responsible for passport verification. 
6. After some time, I was taken to the inspector's room where the inspector asked me some basic questions. Finally, he signed somewhere in the form and asked me to leave.



I thought everything was done, but no! After a couple of weeks, another constable calls me and says he will visit my residence to verify if I really stayed there. This guy was really nice. Came home, filled some form, asked me to sign. Said thank you and left. 

Comments

  1. A Subramaniam9/01/2012 4:39 PM

    Thank you for sharing your experiences.
    So often we get negative comments posted - it is nice to read something positive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience on this. It helps a lot for many people, but we never know when they change rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information. One question though, do they take Driving license or private account bank (AXIS Bank in my case) as address proof?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bhargav,

    Thanks for the information regarding Passport renewal. As you applied for PP Renewal through Tatkal Scheme, can you please suggest how did you apply for online appointment in Tatkal scheme as I am unable to get any slot under Tatkal scheme. Can I book an appointment under Normal scheme and then convert it to Tatkal at PP Seva Kendra or I can simply stand in Tatkal Q as I will be carrying application of Tatkal only (print out of app form). I would rally appreciate if you can please provide some information on this. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Akash...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I have a small doubt, as my current passport (which is about to expire in 5 Months) is having valid US and UK Visa, will those Visas can be used along with the new passport (which will be issues upon renewal). I hope they don't keep the old Passport in original or make any mark on Visa.

    Please advise. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Akash...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passport Renewal is made easy as Online facility is available now. You can refer Indian Passport Renewal for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NORMAL RENEWAL PROCESS
    My experience of applying for passport renewal was very pleasant.
    I took appointment on 29th Oct 2012 for personal appearance on 2nd Nov 2012. I was sent back and given 3 business days time (flexible time 9.30 am to 11.30 am for personal appearance on any next 3 business days at PSK ) to produce marriage certificate for adding my wife name in my passport. It was my fault of not carrying proof when there was change in the old passport which needed proof.
    I went to PSK on next business day - 5th Nov. Next processes were as mentioned by Bhargav.
    At the “B” counter, I was asked to produce more address proof (my new SBI passbook which was produced as proof was issued just 1 month back) as my address has changed compared to old passport. I was ready this time with property tax paid receipt and sale deed documents for address proof which they accepted. I was asked to go to C counter and within next 30 min I was out of the passport office.
    In the evening on 5th Nov, I received a message from police station to come to police station for police verification. I was not expecting the process to be so fast for NORMAL RENEWAL process. I went to police station on 6th Nov. Police personnel asked me to produce address proof from my company which took me one more day. Police verification completed on 7th Nov.
    I received a message on 8th Nov night saying my passport is dispatched through speed post. Today 9th Nov, postman delivered the passport to me at home.
    NORMAL RENEWAL PROCESS was very fast, within 5 business days I got new passport in my hand!
    I am very happy with the service and efficient process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to get my passport renewed..all this info helps me..thank you guyz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a very helpful and detailed review, have one question about the documents, do they need any doc attested by a gazetted officer (Including Marriage Certificate) or self attestation is fine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this post, and thank you to people who have shared their positive experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much for the info:)Really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    I too gave wrong police station its madivala but i gave koramangala....so what am i supposed to do now??should i go to psk and change or they will send it to right police station themselves??
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mahesh, what happened finally? i have done same mistake. pls help

      Delete
    2. Any updates on this issue? Do we have to write a letter to RPO? or will they correct it themselves?

      Delete
  13. Hi All,
    The experience in the PSK was very pleasant and every step described by Bhargav was followed meticulously like a well-oiled machine.
    Hats off to the super efficient PSK employees.
    One small suggestion: After the ARN is verified at the entry, people start rushing towards the various counters and hell breaks loose fro sometime. People should be directed to the respective counters with the same order of sequence of appointment. Even though my appointment was 1st person in the first batch at 9.30, I was the 10th to get my token !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello, my passort will be expired in feb2016 hence i have start process for renewal/ re-issue....now what is the procedure bcoz i want to add my wife name in my passport..kindly advice

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want to apply passport on tatkal basis for renewal/ reissue with addition of wife name ..kimdly share ur experiance for vadodara PSK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for penning this down, specially the bits about Tatkaal passport renewal and the dreaded Annexure F - luckily for me the Bangalore SAi Arcade PSK officials, didnt ask for it. I think since it was a renewal and since I had all other documentation, this was not mandatory.

    I really felt a lot more easier this time than I've heard my friends describe it.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A dedication of appreciation is all together to share such a dumbfounding information......passport documentation service agent in delhi good blog. blog like these are are very helpful for us because we are into ac repairing and service. It is always good to read and upgrade ourselves


    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. perfect document service in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  19. https://www.cibinvarghese.com/2013/11/indian-passport-renewal-tatkal-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drive to Trichy from Bangalore

Car Loan hypothecation cancellation/removal in Bangalore, India